21-23 May, Odesa:
The theme of Odesa Photo Days 2021 is “Breaking the Wall”.
With the pandemic, a new type of ‘the fourth wall’ has separated us from each other: screens of various gadgets have made it difficult to experience human communication physically. What does this line divide now? We are both performers and audience. Endless online information flow makes us question reality. To what extent is a virtual world real? How deeply have we merged with our multiple digital identities? Will we be able to destroy this wall and resume physical communication and presence in the material social space?
We are so eager to return to offline meetings in warm Odesa that we have changed the traditional dates of the festival to hold it in May. The 3 days of Odesa Photo Days 2021 is:
– the main exhibition “Who Is Next to You” for which we have been waiting since 2020;
– an evening screening of world contemporary photography on interesting locations;
– screening of the finalists of the first open call Female Ukrainian Photographers with the historical part about Ukrainian photography + similar selection from Bristol Photo Festival;
– screening of the finalists of the fourth open call for Ukrainian teenagers Future Photo Days;
– presentation of photo projects in the Open Mic format and more.
We care about the safety of our guests and participants of the festival, so all the events will be held in the open air, or in the big spaces with prior registration. We ask all of you to wear masks and keep social distancing.
More info on the official page of the event:
Odesa Photo Days Festival 2021
Latest posts by Nicolae Baldovin (see all)
- A Next-Level Listening Experience: Daniel Dorobanțu Premieres ‘Chip de Tăcere’, w/ Mircea Ardeleanu Jr. - August 16, 2022
- THE CASE Premieres ‘Fever’, An Achingly Vulnerable Song - August 8, 2022
- KILL SHELTER Talks About Creative Process Behind “Asylum”; ‘Writing is a very cathartic process for me’ - August 6, 2022