Over the centuries, Timisoara and the Banat region have flourished, fuelled by the energy and ingeniosity of its citizens from all over Europe. Over 30 different cultures have lived here for generations: Romanians, Germans, Hungarians, Serbs, Croats, Italians, Spaniards, and Bulgarians. Orthodox, Catholic, Jewish, Protestant, Lutheran, Reformed, Muslim, and other denominations also practice their religion in peace and freedom.
In 2016, the city won the title of European Capital of Culture for 2021, so Timisoara wants to become a place where cultural excellence gives its citizens self-confidence and the power to cause change through participation and involvement.
Shine your light! Light up your city!
Shine your light! Light up your city! is an invitation to embark on a Journey through light and dark spaces, a long and often laborious process of change and personal development towards a collective sensitivity. Light has played a major role in the history of Timisoara, both from a practical and symbolic point of view. The cultural program for Timisoara 2021 is built around people, the places where they live and meet, and the way they establish connections with each other, their surroundings, and the continent they live on.
Art events in February:
- From 17 February: Adina Pintilie. You are another me – A cathedral of the body
- February-March: Bright Cityscapes – Mirroring the Ecosystem
- 17 February – 23 April: Chronic desire – Sete cronică
- From 17 February: Mircea Nicolae – Small Things, Precious Things
- February: Harababura Vintage Fair
- 17 February – 31 December: Kimaera
- February-November: Parallel City – Fabric
- 15 February – 5 May: Peter Jacobi & Ritzi Jacobi. Dialogue of forms
- 18-26 February: Post-education
- February-March: Remix ID
- February-November: Living spaces – Nursery. 1306 plants for Timisoara
- 17 February – 15 December: Minitremu Space
- 17 February – May: Victor Brauner: Inventions and magic
- Zambara Kabarett
February 17–19 is a celebration of the entire city but also of Timisoara’s friends from everywhere.
More info: Timisoara 2023 European Capital of Culture
Latest posts by Nicolae Baldovin (see all)
- Doomsday Astronaut On Their Upcoming Album, Country-Wide Tour & Latest Music Video - September 23, 2023
- Darkwave Duo SILENCE IN THE SNOW Reveal New Single ‘Dreams of Disbelief’ - July 19, 2023
- RESOLVE Call for Unity w/ Latest Single ‘New Colors’ - July 19, 2023