Hans Hjelm studied jazz guitar at the University of North Texas in the nineties and has spent the last ten years performing and releasing music with psych-rock bands Kungens Män and Automatism, who recently released an album on Tonzonen Records.
The music could be described as Depeche Mode meets Michael Rother. Guitars and synthesizers trade off in playing the most prominent role throughout the album. Hans plays all instruments except drums, which are handled by Jesper Skarin (Gösta Berlings Saga, Vak).
‘Factory Reset’ comes with an instruction manual:
- Use stereo headphones
- Take a deep breath and start to relax
- Close your eyes and drop all concerns
- Notice a slightly different frequency reaching each ear Become aware of your breathing
- Start counting your breaths
- Allow sounds to pass through your mind unnoticed Immerse yourself in the breathing process
- Let the sounds synchronize your thought patterns Repeat the process until a reset occurs
The manual reflects how music can act as a means of resetting an agitated or stressed mind to a state of rest and balance.
The album will be released on May 28, 2021 on the Kungens Ljud & Bild label and will be distributed by Trust No One Recordings. It will receive a limited pressing of 300 copies each on colored (clear) vinyl and CD. Pre-order it here
Listen here to the first single ‘Woods’!
Latest posts by Nicolae Baldovin (see all)
- French Psychedelic-Stoner Rockers DJIIN Announce New Album & Reveal New Video - September 14, 2021
- Rising Indie-Pop Singer ROSIE Releases New Standalone Track: ‘Social Stamina’ - September 10, 2021
- Darkwave Project DILK Presents Hunting New Video/Single: ‘Deprecated’ - September 10, 2021