After 10 years break, in the first quarter of 2022 Polish band, ASGAARD will release a long-awaited new studio album. “What if…” is the brand new, seventh album in the band’s career and a follow-up to a critically acclaimed “Stairs To Nowhere”.
This time around, ASGAARD reinvents its formula and the album is the first-ever of their releases to feature more rock-oriented sound, rather than a straight-up metal one. “What if…” is the very first record in the band’s discography with songs composed in the more traditional way, full of beautiful melodies and grand, epic choruses.
The band enters another novel territory – two out of eight songs on the album are sung in Polish, which language native to the members of the group. Additionally, ASGAARD included stylistic features of the broad genre of electronic music in the intricately structured new songs.
The new album still retains the characteristic sense of romance and nostalgia, present in the band’s outputs since the beginning. Such emotional load brings to mind bands like Katatonia, Amorphis, Moonspell, Opeth, Anathema.
“Sny na jawie” is the first band song in the Polish language. The song features lyrics by Krzysztof Kamil Baczyński (1921-1944).
Album „What if…” will be released:
- 18.02.2022 as digital with cooperation of Wormholedeath / The Orchard Inc. / Sony Music Entertainment
- 04.03.2022 on physical format with Polish label Szataniec
Photo: (c) Roman Baran
Artwork: (c) Bartłomiej Trzos
Latest posts by Nicolae Baldovin (see all)
- Wood, Light, and Space: A Tour Inside The Multifunctional Pod Gallery - October 28, 2023
- Berlin Division X Thea Premiere ‘So Alive’, A Track w/ Vibes of a Real-Life Long Summer - October 27, 2023
- Fusing Tradition With Modernism: On Petre Ionutescu & Orsolya Laszlo’s Live Performance - October 27, 2023